Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tri County Sticks


When I was 13 I joined a traveling softball team. This was the first traveling team I had ever been on. The team was made up of about 12 girls from three different counties: Nelson County, Larue County, and Hardin County. From Nelson County there were five of us, myself and four others that went to the other high school in town. I had mixed emotions before joining this team and wasn't sure if it was really what I wanted to do. After the first few practices and everyone got to know each other, I knew I had made the right decision. The team travled all over the state to many different parks.
We created the name Tri County Sticks since we were from three different counties and referred to ourselves as this for the rest of the season. Growing up I had been a rather shy girl and didnt open up to others easily. This team made me realize that I can be myself around anyone I meet. The friendships I made with the girls still contine today. Many memories and adventures took place and made me learn alot about softball as well as interacting with new people. I added a new army of friends to my life.
The Tri County Sticks went on to have a better season than any of us had expected. We worked together more than any other team I've been on and I had a blast while doing it. My skills improved significantly and I believe I learned a lot from having a different coach other than my dad. This is one of the few teams I was on that my dad wasnt the head coach or even assistant. No matter the coach, the players, or the loacation, softball is my life and I learn more and more with each game and practice. Traveling softball was a fun experience and will always make me want to go back in time and do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment