Monday, February 1, 2010

Disney World


Summer going into my 8th grade year, the Banshees team went to Florida. Everyone on the team that wanted to participate could join. Since I was only a measley 8th grader I did not get to play much while in Florida. It didn't matter if I played two minutes the entire trip, the experience was the best part. I felt somewhat cool because I was on the trip with older girls. I ended up being in a room with five other girls which ended up being sloppy, messy, and of course kind of smelly.
Summer going into my senior year, our team went on another trip to Florida, different hotel, same baseball park. This trip is now at the top of my list of "favorite vacations." Being an "almost senior" made me feel pressured to do my best and somewhat of a role model and leader. Each day we got up at the buttcrack of dawn as the sun was just rising and go to either practice, game, or Walt Disney World. Whenever we had free time, off to Disney World we went! The week flew by with exhaustion at the same time as excitement. I don't think I have ever laughed as much as I did that week. From the bus trips, to walking through the parks, to swimming in the pool on our private mini beach like resort, to the long nights spent under the bright lights with sweat dripping from all over, nothing could compare to experiences.
One of my greatest memories from the week was riding the Tower of Terror six times. Sitting in the theater like seats, dropping a significant number of feet when you least expect it, gave major chills up and down my arms and legs. As you fell, a picture was taken of the group. The faces made by my friends were unbelievable. The next time I go back to Disney World or even think about the trip, the thrill and screams of the Tower of Terror will immediately pop into my head. Now being one of my favorite rides, I cannot wait to go back and do the adventure all over again. Going without my teammates will not be the same but still an amazing time!

No comments:

Post a Comment